I am hard working, motivated, a team player, a problem solver and reliable. I am very technical minded, but highly creative as well. I am an expert in post production, knowing and
working in all aspects from editing, linear, non-linear, and scripted, to color corection, to motion graphics and animation, visual FX, compositing and rotoscoping, to finishing and encoding for
various media outlests whether it be national broadcast, DCP for theater projection, or codecs for web. I also like to be involved in pre-production wherever possible and work with the director
and cinematographer to make sure I get the shots I need to put together the best product for you!
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY / DUTIES
Senior Editor, InterMedia Advertising
Woodland Hills, CA - 2011-Present
Here I am the senior editor for the production department. I oversee post production on all of our in-house nationally braodcast TV commercials. They are
mostly short form "Direct Response" ads, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I have 150+ national commercials.
- Work directly with clients on creative concepts.
- Help develope production scheduel and plan.
- Consult camera and VFX crew for best workflow.
- Ingest / Transcode media, organize and manage server.
- Edit TV spots, present to client and tweak based on client feedback.
- "Finish" spots, including titles, graphics, visual FX, sound sweetening, and color grading.
Render Wrangler, Flat Earth Productions
Burbank, CA - 2010
Here I worked as a "Render Wrangler" on Dimension Films' "Piranha 3D."
- Quality Control on all VFX shots being handled by Flat Earth.
- Oversaw each frame of rendered content.
- Gave support to VFX artists.
- Maintained render farm and artist work stations, updates and software licenses.
- Rendered out playblast and reference renders for meetings and animatics.
Editor / Animator, Bemis Balkind
Los Angeles, CA - 2010-2011
Here I was a freelance editor / motion graphic designer / animator.
- I did many banner ads for films including "Warriors Way" and "Season of the Witch."
- Constructed a virtual art gallery in 3D, animated and rendered it for CBS's "TV on DVD" campaign - 2011
- I also participated in building graphics and elements for rich media websites.
Instructor, Kings College: LA
Hollywood, CA - 2011
Here I instructed foriegn exchange students in Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
- Taught fundementals of narative editing, match cutting and paralell cutting.
- Taught BASIC After Effects annimation technique.
- Taught transcoding, and encoding for DVD and web.
- Assigned research and homework topics related to students' projects.
Editor / Animator, PARSONS
Pasadena, CA - 2009-2011
Here I was a freelance editor / animator doing mostly in-house corporate safety videos and other multimedia productions for pitch
meetings and presentations.
- Participated in preproduction on in-house videos.
- Shot various presentation and safety videos on green screen.
- Handled editing and motion graphic design on videos.
- Shot various meetings and presentations.
Editor / Motion Graphics, The Designory: LA
Glendale, CA - 2007-2009
Here I editind commercial content and did motion graphics and conceptual design for clients including NBC/ Universal, Disney Online, Sony Pictures, Nissan / Infiniti,
and Lockheed Martin.
- Edited commercail content for web
- Participated in creative pitch meetings
- Worked with graphic designers to animate designs
- Worked with Lockheed engineers to render photo real 3D representations of devices.
- Worked with creative directors and producers to make web banners for film marketing campaigns.